Saturday, September 6, 2008

My Pretty Little Garden



Among my flowers in solitude I sit
Reminiscing memories bitter sweet
Here with loving hands I grow the flowers of my dreams
Pretty multi coloured blooms and everlasting greens

Small in size though my garden may be
It’s home to butterflies, birds and busy bees
Nestled among my impatiens, lilies and marigolds
Are toadstools, little houses and garden gnomes

Fresh buds open in my garden wet with dew
Glistening in the morning light when the sun is new
Dragonflies frolick away among my many blooms
Fairies hide from the light in their tiny mushrooms

As night descends and all is still
The crickets wake with their calls so shrill
They join in the fairies with their dance and song
Which makes flower buds open in the early morn

And so my garden thrives from dawn to dusk
And will be home to insects and garden pests
Snails and caterpillars all have a home
A little hacienda to call their own.


~ Liz Sammy-Chin ~

No comments: