Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Kindred Spirit....a dedication to my friend Celina

From young girls to teens and motherhood
Our friendship spanned through many years
She’s been a kindred spirit since childhood
She’s the one most remembered of all my peers

When our school days’ ended, we parted in ways
Entering adulthood was a worrying time
Not keeping in touch, there’s a price to pay
No more meeting up for no reason or rhyme

So then for years we were friends at heart but not in sight
We grew up, fell in love, got married and had a family
Too busy at work and at home, no time even to write
And so our friendship remained a memory entirely.

But as fate would have it, we’re neighbours now
No plans were made, contacts were lost for a long while
It was destiny for us to be together again
But she was always in thought though parted in miles

Though her name’s not mentioned I’m sure she will know
For friends in the true form I find them rare
That’s why in my heart, she fits the role
So my dear friend, when you read this, know that I care.

~ Liz Sammy-Chin ~

No comments: