Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Dedication to my husband, Joe

So many friends have touched my life
But my best friend has made me his wife
Joe is the best friend I ever had
He makes me happy when I am sad

For thirty four years we’ve been faithful and true
When we are together, we’ll never feel blue
Our love and relationship have always survived
The up and downs of life and the raging tide

Serenity and patience are his virtues
Always giving credit when it was due
Our sons have been lucky to have him as dad
He’d give them his best that he ever had

A husband so good very few can compare
I’ve never been scolded and I think it’s unfair
For I’ve not been a saint, in fact otherwise
But Joe always tolerated, he’ll lovingly advise

I know I’ve been blessed from up above
Joe, Don and Jay surround me with love
What can I say, but Thank you dear Lord!
I think my family has struck the right chord!


~ Liz Sammy-Chin ~

2 comments:

loquterz said...

So heartfelt. May God's love comfort you.

Unknown said...

Beautiful and heart-touching. May you be blessed.